August 15, 2016

I AM BONES by Joe Brooks

"Breathe in to me, feel the earth as your hearts faster"




and now the 29 year old British lad, Joe Brooks is back with a new album I AM BONES which have 7 brand new songs including an acoustic version of Dandelion Hair. i must say that i really love it, not because i'm his fan but because in this new album it just show how much Joe had grown mature. it's really different from his last single 'Til My Heart Stops Beating.


so before the release of I AM BONES, i received an e-mail from him, i believed the other Brooks Tribe had read the email too. i always thought that became a singer or celebrity, that lad/lass will surely have a nice and wonderful life. a life that we always seen in a movie. but what i read from the letter is a bit surprising, never knew that they would gone through a difficult time too.



I haven't released any original material in 3 years, and it's been quite some journey for me personally. This time last year I had given up on music altogether and was sat at a desk photoshopping a pair of high heeled shoes for a high-end ladies shoe company in Beverly Hills. I had just come out of a serious relationship and had lost all confidence in myself and had zero belief in my ability as a musician or songwriter. I thought that maybe it was time to give up on my dreams and settle for something that would more satisfy my bank balance than my so-called 'calling' in life (don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with a marketing job... it's just not MY dream).  It was at that moment I received an email from a fan telling me how much one of my songs had helped her through a particularly turbulent time in her life. I stopped to reflect on how much music was also helping me during that time and realized that I had completely forgotten about the magic of music and it's it's power to connect and heal, comfort and console.

So I put pen to paper and began to write...


it took him a year to finished the piece. seven songs from the soul "my experience with love and loss and i'm not sure how to express to you my excitement for you all to hear it". and my fave songs in this album is Young, Wild & Free, All Of Your Colours and April Wind. <<Joe Brooks Store>>


and joe, i'm so glad that you didn't give up on your dreams. if singing is what makes you feel peace & happy, then keep on doing it. no matter what you had or are going through, Brooks Tribe is always with you and there's nothing else that we want from you except a song from the soul.


xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment