September 14, 2012

Tandoori Chicken



Today I would like to talk about Tandoori Chicken. I don't know how this story  of how to cook Tandoori Chicken can pop out from my aunt's mouth, it all started when she ask me if I have eaten Tandoori Chicken before. So I told her never coz my mom never cook em. Hehehe As far as I know Tandoori Chicken is "mamak's (Indian Muslim)" food & my mom doesn't eat their food. I can't tell the reason why coz I don't know.


Later on my aunt tell me it wasn't very difficult to cook Tandoori Chicken. She told me what's the ingredients & it's too many. I can't even remember one. LOL she says it's normal to have so many ingredients to cook a delicious food & sometimes it took a very long time, such as too cook rendang it can be to 3 hours or more. 


Ingredients:
  • I pint of live natural yogurt
  • 1 tablespoon cumin powder
  • 1 tablespoon garam massala
  • 1 tablespoon coriander powder
  • 1 teaspoon turmeric
  • 1 teaspoon chilli powder
  • Juice 1 lemon
  • 8 cloves garlic - crushed
  • 1 inch grated ginger
  • Red food coloring
  • 4 pieces of skinless chicken on the bone (depends on u)
  • 1 lemon

Mix the spices, colouring,  lemon juice and ginger up into a paste with a little water and stir in well with the yogurt to make a tandoori marinade. Score the flesh of the chicken and marinate in the marinade for 2-60hours. Preheat the oven to it's highest heat for at least 20mins. Shake off excess marinade and place chicken pieces on a wire rack on the oven. Cook for 20mins & check the chicken is cooked by piercing the thickest piece with a skewer, if the juices run clear it's cooked, serve with a wedge of lemon.


The ingredients as mentioned above is searched from Google (Curry Frenzy). I believe that everyone have their own recipe in making Tandoori Chicken. So this recipes above can be as your referring if u wanna learn how to make it. *Have a fun cooking* :)


And talking about "mamak's" food, I haven't go to their restaurants for a year. Everytime I go there, they surely will ask "eating Briyani?"


Til next time, xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment